Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Birthday Card





Lori's Garden
Fancy Frames
Flower Shoppe
Plantin SchoolBook

Card base Bazzill White card 5 1/8 square. To make the mats for the base of the card I used the print pattern on page 35, the floral print on page 43 and the bird cage print on page 35 from Lori's Garden. The print pattern is 5 1/8 square. The bird cage print is 4 7/8 square and the floral print is 4 1/2 inch square. These mats were adhered flat onto the card base. On top of these mats I adhered a 10cm lace doilie.
The pink strip was printed from the Imagine using the color palette from Lori's Garden. I used a 6 x 6 inch square of the print pattern and edged it with Martha Stewart Punch around the Page Swirling Lace punch and cut this to fit onto the pink strip. On top of this element I adhered sheer ribbon. This element was adhered flat onto the card base.
From the Fancy Frames cartridge I cut frame 12 and used the color palette from Lori's Garden. The frame was printed and cut at 3". One was cut using brown for a shadow and one in pink for the top layer. For the centre of the frame I cut out an oval using the print paper that was left over from creating the lace border. The frame was adhered flat onto the card. I used Plantin Schoolbook to create the number 70.
I created the flower using the cut on page 14 of the Flower Shoppe handbook Heart 2. I cut two flowers @ 2 inches two flowers @ 1.5 inches and two flowers @ 1 inch. I used the floral print for the 2 inch and 1 1/2 inch flowers. For the inch flower I used the pink from the Lori's Garden colour palette. I curled each petal using my fingers. I glued each flower layer together and for the centre of the flower I used a pearl. Before adhering the flower onto the card I looped three pieces of sheer ribbon and attached these onto the card using glue dots. I adhered the flower using pop dots. The Happy Birthday element is from Lori's Garden and was printed and cut @ 1.5 inches. I adhered this element to the card using pop dots. To finish off the front of the card I adhered a bow onto the frame and put 3 pearls onto the border element. Inside of the card I adhered a 4 3/4 inch square pink card and glued a butterfly that was printed and cut @ 1 inch. This butterfly is on page 12 of the Lori's Garden handbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment