To start this project I painted the box using KAISERcolour Mud Puddle. I painted the inside and the outside of the box. For the outside of the box I printed a full sheet of the pattern on page 37 of the handbook. From this I cut two pieces approx 2 3/4 inch wide. I matched up the pattern for the join at the front of the box. To adhere all the paper to the box I used Helmar Professional Acid Free Glue. For the top of the lid, the base, and the inside of the box I used the circle from the Cricut Imagine shapes. For the top of the lid I used the pattern on page 38 of the handbook (Lori's Garden) For the inside of the lid I used the pattern on page 40 and for the base of the box I used the pattern on page 36. For the inside base of the box I cut a circle from a full sheet I had printed for the rim of the lid. To make the flowers for the lid I used the Flower Shoppe cartridge on the Cricut Expression. I had a piece of card that I had previously printed using Lori's Garden with the pattern from page 43 in the handbook. All the card I used to make the flowers was from the stash. All the cuts for the flowers were inked before they were assembled. I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tea Dye. I placed a pearl in the centre of each flower and put Kindy Glitz Crystalina on top of the flowers. The flowers have been adhered to the lid at different heights using pop dots. To make the embellishment "Life's Little Treasures" I used Adobe Photoshop to create this using my computer. This embellishment measures 2 1/2 x 2. In each corner I added a small brown split pin. To add dimension I coated this with RoyalCoat Dimensional Magic. This was adhered to the box using pop dots. The butterfly's were printed and cut @ 1. using the layers Page 12 in the handbook. They have also been inked with the tea dye distress ink. To create the lace feature for the top of the box I used 2 1/2 wide lace and folded it until I got the desired look I wanted. I used a needle and thread to secure the folds and sew the button on. This was adhered to the lid with Pritt Gel. I adhered the small pink button on top of the larger button using a glue dot. Other items I used- measuring tap ribbon and 3 buttons.
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #36
21 hours ago