Saturday, April 16, 2011



Mix and Match

using the Cricut Imagine


To make these Easter baskets I used Mymemories Scrapbook paper. This paper I purchased at Riot Arts and Crafts and is double sided with an adorable Easter theme print . I used the cut only feature on the Cricut Imagine to cut out the basket. This basket cut can be folded either way to whatever print you want inside or on the outside as shown in the photos posted above.

I used the print and cut feature on the Cricut Imagine to make the chicks and eggs. I used the Cricut Imagine Blossom cartridge and used the same cuts, color and size for the chicks and bow as mentioned in my previous post. For the eggs I selected four different coloured patterns from the Blossom cartridge to match the colours on the baskets ( blue, pink, yellow and green). I inked around the edges of the eggs with Vera Color 34 Orchid (pink egg), 187 Sage (green egg), 11 Canary (yellow egg) and 38 Sky Blue ( blue egg). As I will be giving these to young children I used a spot of Kindy Giltz on the chicks bow instead of a rhinestone. I also made a different handle for the basket. I used the end of the handle that had cut out with the basket as a template. I traced the end shape of that handle onto the ends of the handles that I wanted to use because there is a slit on the side of the basket where the end of the handle slips into. After I had traced the end shape I used scissors to cut the shape out. The making and the finishing touches for the basket are the same as in my previous post.


No comments:

Post a Comment