Monday, April 25, 2011

Flower Power Chick

Groovy Times Cricut cartridge


To make this scrapbook layout I used the Groovy Times Cricut cartridge, the Cricut Create and Make the Cut computer software programme. I used Bazzill card stock for the base layer. Some of the cuts were made from left over card stock I had in my stash. Some were also cut using core'dinations ColorCore Card stock. To make some of these embellishments I've cut the shape out several times then cut out the pieces I wanted to use. For example the title Flower Power Chick I cut this out several times using different coloured card. Then I cut the individual letters out in the colour I wanted. Each of these letters were then adhered to a base cut. I also did this for the word Chick. The star burst above the piece sign was part of the cut on page 45 in the handbook. To make the 1970's I used Make the Cut software. The font I've used is 'Advert'.


Flower Power was cut @ 3" page 39 handbook-Phrase & Shadow feature

Chick was cut @ 1" page 35 handbook-Phrase & Shadow feature

Groovy was cut @ 2" page 34 handbook

Love was cut @ 2" page 26 handbook

The word Peace was cut @ 1 1/4 " page 60 handbook-Phrase feature.

The Peace sign was cut @ 3"

Star burst was cut @ 4" page 45 handbook-layer 1+shift, layer 2, main cut

(use shooting star only) Shadow feature (use shooting star only).

Individual stars layer 2 page 45 handbook.

The word Cool was cut @ 1.5" page 42 handbook-Phrase feature

Flowers page 39 handbook cut @ 3", 2.5, 1.5,

Small flowers page 39 handbook layer 1 feature cut @ 1.5"


I used pop dots to adhere the title Flower Power Chick, the peace sign, 1970's and Groovy to the layout. All the other embellishments have been adhered flat onto the base card.

No comments:

Post a Comment