Monday, May 2, 2011










Cricut Imagine Lori's Garden


Cricut Cake Holiday Cakes


Plantin Schoolbook


Mothers Day Card, envelope and gift


The envelope

To create the envelope I printed a doubled sided 12x12 sheet of card using the pattern on page 43 of the handbook and the yellow floral pattern on page 44 of the handbook. For the envelope cut I used Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge in the Cricut Imagine and used the cut only feature. This envelope is on page 79 of the handbook (Plantin Schoolbook). I also used the fit to page feature which cut the appropriate sized envelope for the card.


The card

For the base of the card and the smaller pink mat I used Color Mates Deep Fairy Tale Pink card. The base card measure 6" x 4 3/8". Floral print on top of the base card same as the pattern I used for the envelope. Small pink mat was cut @ 5 1/4x 4". Yellow floral print on top of this mat same as the print for the envelope. To make the pink lace scallop I used Martha Stewart Lace border punch. Ribbon was adhered along the lace border and a small piece of ribbon was knotted around. I used the image on page 22 handbook (Lori's Garden) for the top layer. This was printed and cut @ 4. using the layer feature. The sentiment Happy Mothers Day is from the Holiday Cakes cartridge page 70 (handbook). I printed this directly on to the yellow floral print paper using the print only feature on the Imagine. For the inside of the card I printed and cut 2 of the floral mats and one of the yellow floral mats. I printed a sentiment on to the yellow floral mat using Print Shop 22 and my printer. I printed and cut the rose on page 8 of the handbook (Lori's Garden) using the layer feature @ 1.5 and adhered this on the inside bottom right hand corner.


The Gift

To create the box for the gift I printed a full sheet of the floral print page 43 Lori's Garden handbook. This was cut to measure 10" x 8". I scored the card to help fold it to create the box. I wrapped it around the gift then I adhered it together with strong tacky tape. To create the fold at the top and bottom of the box I cut along each corner and folded each flap in then used the tacky tape to adhere each end down. To embellish the box I used one strip of pink and white card stock and edged both with the Martha Stewart Lace border punch. I scored these strips to wrap around the box. I adhered on the ribbon and tied a small piece of ribbon. The rose was printed and cut @ 1.8 using the layer feature and was adhered using pop dots.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and gift box!! I love the touch the lace scallop added to the card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete