Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cook Book Cover

Cricut Imagine

Kate's Kitchen


Elegant Edges

From My Kitchen

To make the cover for the book I cut brown (Bazzill) card 10 1/4 x 7 1/4. This card was scored @ 4 3/4 & 5 1/2. I printed two full sheet of the pattern on page 44 Kate's Kitchen handbook and cut them the same size to cover the brown card on the inside and outside of the cover.

For these scallop mats. I used the oblong feature on page 65 of the Elegant Edges cartridge. The patterns are from the Blossom cartridge. The base scallops were printed and cut @ 3.2 pattern page 6 in the handbook. The smaller scallop was printed and cut @ 3 using the pattern on page 7 and page 9. The newspaper mat was printed and cut @ 2. 4 times using the layer feature from the mixing bowl and rolling pin. This pattern is on page 10 in the Kate's Kitchen handbook.

From My Kitchen Recipes was printed and cut @ 1.5 using the color palette from Kate's Kitchen. The kitchen mitt was printed and cut @ 10.5. This mitt is a layer from the pattern on page 3 Kate's Kitchen handbook. The apron was printed and cut @ 2. pattern on page 9. Let's eat Dessert First was printed and cut @ 2. To print and cut the shadow I used the print and changed the size to 2.1 and selected dark brown from the color palette. This print is on page 31 in the handbook. Made with 100% Love was printed and cut @ 1.5 pattern page 32. The Dee-licious tag pattern page 27 was printed and cut @ 2. using the layers. The plate & cookies layer page 10 printed and cut @ 3. The bowl and rolling pin layer page 10 printed and cut @ 1.3. The wooden spoon layer page 12 was printed and cut @ 1.5. The kitchen canisters layers page 6 was printed and cut @ 3. The gingerbread was printed and cut @ 3. layer page 20.
The element recipes was cut twice adhered together for a faux chipboard effect. I used pop dots to adhere the elements Let's Eat Dessert First, the Dee licious tag, the plate and cookies, the kitchen mitt and under the left side of the element Made with 100% Love. All other elements were adhered flat to the book cover using a Zig 2 Way Glue Squeeze & Role pen. To adhere the cover onto the book I used high tac tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment